Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A big "Hello!"

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I will tell you a little bit about me. My name is Michelle.

(me with all my craft junk in the background)


I am 22 years old and I come from Scotland. I grew up in a little town called Stenhousemuir.



I always had an interest in art, and I studied it all the way through school, although I was never graded as expected I did not let it put me off. But then somehow, even though I knew I was a creative minded sort, I studied a degree in Dietetics (nutritional health and disease and stuff) for 4 years. So my creativity kind of fell by the wayside. I was involved in modeling and styled some photoshoots to try and express... something! By doing so I met my husband Phil, as he is a photographer.



So that brings me to Utah and the practicing artists league! During my last visit to Utah in the Summer I would join in my lovely mother in law Cherilyn's art classes at Lamplight Gallery. It was interesting to see that I could still enjoy something I hadn't done for so long. In the first class we did Chagall studies, and although my style didn't exactly emulate his, it was satisfying to finish a painting in the 4ish hours or so.


(the painting, which now takes pride of place on my 5 year old niece's wall)

So now I am back in Utah, and jobless until I am allowed to work, what better way to spend some free time than playing around with art? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment